
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Hotel, Chizhou!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Hotel, Chizhou! – Or is it? A Rambling, Honest Review.
Alright, folks, buckle up. Because after a recent stay at the GreenTree Eastern Hotel in Chizhou, I'm here to spill the tea. And honestly? The tea is… well, it's complicated. I'm gonna lay it all out, the good, the bad, and the "wait, did that actually happen?" because, let's be real, hotel reviews should be honest, not just PR fluff.
First Impressions & Accessibility (or, the Elevator Saga)
So, Chizhou. Lovely little city, smack-dab in the middle of… well, somewhere. The GreenTree Eastern Hotel looked impressive online. Photos are often a little too good to be true though, right? The lobby? Sleek, shiny, and promising. Now, about accessibility. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. The pictures showed an elevator! This, I was thrilled about. My knees are… let's just say, they've seen better days.
The elevator, however, was… temperamental. Let's just say there were a few moments where I questioned my life choices while wedged between floors. Eventually, I wrestled the thing into submission (or maybe it was just tired of me yelling). So, accessibility? Proceed with caution. Make sure you request a room near the ground floor and check that elevator is working before you commit.
Rooms: The Sanctuary (Sometimes…)
Once I finally reached my room, the initial impression was… good! The "Unbelievable Luxury" part might be slightly exaggerated, but the room was clean, the air-con worked (a must!), and they had all the usual suspects:
Comfy Bed, Good Lighting, and All the Trimmings… Yup, Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Double check (bliss!). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!? Absolutely, though the speed varied. Coffee/tea maker? Yep. And those little extras – bathrobes, slippers, and even a hair dryer. I even had free bottled water. It was all there. I particularly appreciated the extra long bed.
The Bathroom Mystery: The bathroom was… interesting. Separate shower/bathtub, which is always a nice touch. But the water pressure? Let's just say it was more of a suggestion than a forceful stream. And the toiletries… well, they were there, but they weren't exactly luxury brand.
Soundproofing??: Nope! I could easily hear the conversations (and the elevator malfunctions) from the outside. At least I had soundproof rooms!
Cleanliness & Safety: Trying to Feel Safe
- Hygiene Certification? Listed.
- Daily disinfection in common areas? They said it.
- Room sanitization between stays? Supposedly.
- Staff trained in safety protocol? Seemed like it.
I will say this though, they did seem to be taking hygiene seriously. Hand sanitizer stations were EVERYWHERE. The anti-viral cleaning products seemed legitimate. They even had the option for room sanitization opt-out available. So, on the whole, I felt reasonably safe, but with a little of the "checking for dust bunnies" mentality.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Mixed Bag
Okay, food. This is where things get… interesting.
Breakfast Buffet: The Asian breakfast, which was the main option, was a mixed bag. Some items were delicious, and some were… well, let's just say I stuck to the safe options (eggs and toast). Buffet in restaurant? Yes. Breakfast service? Absolutely. But a Western breakfast? I didn't see it. There were desserts in the restaurant, however!
Other Dining Options: There was a restaurant (they served Asian cuisine). There was a coffee shop, there was a bar. The Poolside bar was a nice feature. You can order room service [24-hour]. I got the bottle of water and it was great!
Dining Experience I did get a la carte in the restaurant once. The Soup in restaurant was great!
The Snack Bar: No. It was more like a sparse collection of… let's call them “snacks”.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams Shattered
This is where the "unbelievable" started to fade.
- The Pool (with a view): The outside pool was closed (it was chilly).
- The Spa: They listed a spa, sauna, steamroom, massage, body wrap, and body scrub, but… it was all under renovation. Or, at least, that's what I think they said the one time someone answered the phone.
- The Gym: The Fitness center was… tiny and the equipment looked like it hadn't been touched since 1998.
- The Rest of it?: Well, there's a swimming pool, and the possibility of a foot bath.
Services and Conveniences: Helpful (sometimes)
- General Services: The Front desk [24-hour] was helpful. Cash withdrawal was available. The elevator kept breaking down.
- Things to do: The Gift/souvenir shop was empty. They had luggage storage. They do dry cleaning and laundry service.
- Accessibility: Facilities for disabled guests, but, see above.
Internet Access: A Modern Necessity
They promised Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and actually delivered. The Internet access – wireless was great for checking emails and watching some movies.
Getting Around: The Car is the Easiest
- Car park [free of charge], good for a drive.
My Anecdote: The Elevator Incident
Okay, I've already mentioned the elevator, but it deserves a slightly more detailed anecdote. Picture this: late at night, exhausted after a long day. The elevator is stuck between floors. The emergency button is… well, it's not working. I try shouting, but the only response is a low humming sound. I start, very slowly, to panic. After what felt like an eternity, I finally coaxed the elevator back into service. It was truly the most terrifying experience.
The Verdict: Should You Book?
Look, the GreenTree Eastern Hotel had its moments. It's clean; it has the basics. It's a decent option if you're on a budget and need a place to crash in Chizhou.
But… "Unbelievable Luxury"? Nowhere near.
Final Thoughts & Pitch:
It has its drawbacks. I would go back; I would get the room near the elevator. With the Car park [free of charge], is much less of a hassle to get around. If you need a place to rest your head, then this is it.
My Persuasive Hotel Offer:
Escape to Chizhou! Stay at the GreenTree Eastern Hotel, where comfort is found (sometimes).
- Claim your room: Get a room near the elevator.
- Enjoy our indoor venue for special events.
- Free Wi-Fi to keep you connected and free car park
Don't expect "Unbelievable Luxury," but do expect a clean, conveniently located hotel with a lot of amenities. Book now and embrace the adventure, just don't count on that spa!
Uncover Turkey's Hidden Trading Secrets: This Old House Holds the Key!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… well, it's my attempt to wrangle a trip to the GreenTree Eastern Hotel Chizhou Tonghui Plaza into something vaguely resembling order. Pray for me. And for you, because you're coming along for the ride.
The GreenTree Eastern Hotel Chizhou Tonghui Plaza: A Hot Mess of a Plan (and Hopefully, Some Fun)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Wall of Caffeine (or, The Train from Hell)
Morning (and by "Morning," I Mean Whenever the Train Decides to Show Up): The big push! Leave Beijing for Chizhou. Train travel in China? Let's just say it's an experience. Picture a sardine can…now imagine that can is hurtling down the tracks at breakneck speed, filled with a delightful mix of questionable snacks and the collective sighs of weary travellers. My emotional state during the train ride? Mostly fueled by instant coffee and the frantic hope that I wouldn't have to share the tiny, questionable toilet with a screaming toddler. (Success! Mostly.)
(Mid-afternoon/Early Evening): Finally, Chizhou! Arrive at Chizhou Railway Station. A wave of relief washes over me – and the sudden, overwhelming urge for a good, long shower. Finding a taxi seems straightforward until every driver decides to suddenly become fluent in a language I definitely don't speak. After much flailing of arms and frantic pointing at the hotel on my phone, I eventually stumble—literally stumble, thanks to my too-heavy backpack—into a cab. Destination: GreenTree Eastern Hotel Chizhou Tonghui Plaza.
- First Impressions: My initial thought upon arriving at the hotel? "Okay, not bad. Kind of…institutional." It's clean, which is a huge plus, but the decor leans heavily into "beige-meets-beige." I suspect the designers took inspiration from a particularly bland bowl of oatmeal. But hey, at least the front desk staff seems friendly, and the air conditioning is working. That's a win in my book.
(Evening): After dumping my bag and contemplating whether I actually remembered to brush my teeth (pretty sure I didn't), I venture out. FOOD. Must. Have. Food. Seriously, I'm ravenous after that train ride. This is where my carefully planned itinerary goes completely off the rails. I wander aimlessly, fueled by a desperate craving for something edible. Ended up at a random noodle shop. The noodles were… well, they were noodles. Delicious, slurpable noodles. The spicy sauce blew my head off, and I loved every second of it.
Day 2: The Anhui Province Adventure (and the Persistent Language Barrier)
(Morning:) The morning: I had a half-hearted attempt at the hotel breakfast. Let's just say the "English Breakfast" was a pale shadow of the real deal. I stuck to congee and some kind of questionable, but strangely addictive, pickled vegetable.
The Biggest "Oops" of the Trip (So Far): I had planned on visiting a nearby natural attraction. But then… transport. Finding a taxi (again!) was a struggle. And explaining where I wanted to go? Utter chaos. Cue more frantic pointing, gesturing, and the occasional, desperate prayer muttered under my breath. Eventually, with the help of a very patient hotel staff member and Google Translate, I somehow managed to get a ride! The ride was long, and the scenery was beautiful, but, once I came back to my hotel, something was off… I forgot to take enough cash out so I could pay the guy.
- Emotional Breakdown #1: I was so embarrassed! I just wanted to give him a hug and tell him he was the best human being ever. The awkwardness… it was intense. I felt terrible. Luckily, the staff in the hotel were a lifesaver. They helped me call the taxi to explain, and I arranged a future payment. Crisis averted. Deep breaths. Passport check.
(Afternoon): Reward! I splurged a little. Found a local tea house. The tea ceremony was incredible. I spent hours wandering through the tea fields, breathing in that lovely, leafy air. The smells were so intoxicating, and I felt so peaceful. So peaceful that I almost forgot I was still wearing my train t-shirt.
(Evening): Back at the hotel. Exhausted but exhilarated. Tried to write in my journal, but mostly just stared out the window, thinking about the beauty of the day. Ordered room service…which arrived with a lovely, steaming mix up of what I actually wanted. But honestly? I didn't even care.
Day 3: The Monastery Moment and the Departure Blues
(Morning): The plan was to visit a Buddhist monastery nearby. Waking up, I had a pang of something close to sadness. Departure was on the horizon. So I decided to go for it! I found some old buses in the area and went on them and it turns out the monastery was gorgeous. The architecture was stunning, and the air felt thick with both history and serenity.
- Quirky Observation: There was a tiny, fluffy dog that kept following me. It was the cutest thing. He was probably also hoping for a snack. I was tempted to sneak him into my backpack.
(Afternoon): Last-minute souvenir shopping. Found some beautiful, hand-painted tea cups – the perfect memento of my Anhui adventure.
(Evening): Packing. That bittersweet feeling of knowing the trip is winding down. A last, lingering look at the hotel room. A phone call with a friend, who laughed at my stories. They called me crazy. I think they're right.
- Emotional Breakdown #2: Saying goodbye. Goodbye to the city, goodbye to the people, goodbye to the experience. There was a weird sense of happiness and an awful ache that made me want to go back again.
Day 4: Departure
- Morning: Back to the train. Back to the chaos. Back to… well, back to reality. The train journey. I'm guessing this time it will feel easier to handle.
Final Thoughts (Between Train Stops and Bathroom Breaks):
This trip… It wasn't perfect. It was messy. It was, at times, utterly chaotic. I messed up. Got lost. Ate things I couldn't actually identify. Faced a few language barriers. But I learned so much, met some incredible people (and a few questionable ones), and experienced moments of pure, unadulterated joy. Would I do it again? Absolutely. And next time, I'm bringing more snacks and a whole lot more patience. And maybe… just maybe… I'll learn a few more phrases in Mandarin.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to find a toilet before the train hits the next station. Wish me luck.
Unbelievable Go Hotel North EDSA Deals: Quezon City Awaits!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Hotel, Chizhou (Seriously?) - FAQ!
Is the "Unbelievable Luxury" *really* believable at GreenTree Eastern, Chizhou? I mean, let's be real...
Okay, so, the brochure *definitely* oversells it. "Unbelievable Luxury," huh? More like "Surprisingly Decent Comfort for the Price, with a Hint of 'Trying Really Hard.'" Let's just say my expectations were... tempered. I went in expecting a slightly nicer Motel 6. I came out thinking, "Alright, could be worse, could be SO much worse." The room was clean, the bed wasn't a concrete slab (a major win!), and the air conditioning actually worked. But "unbelievable"? Let's not get carried away. It's more "believably comfortable." And that's okay! It's China, after all. You gotta calibrate your expectations. I'm telling you, I’ve stayed in places where you'd swear the wallpaper was *judging* you.
What's the deal with the location? Is it... *convenient*?
Oh, the location. Alright, here’s the truth. Convenient is… relative. It's *in* Chizhou, which, let's face it, isn't exactly known for its vibrant nightlife. It's not *super* far from the railway station, which is a plus if you're arriving or departing by train. But actually getting around? Expect some taxi wrangling or mastering the art of the Didi (the Chinese Uber). I was trying to get to the local market the first morning. Ended up walking for like, 40 minutes. I *swear* I walked past the same noodle shop *three times*. So, yeah, convenient-ish. Pack some comfortable shoes and maybe brush up on your Mandarin for calling a taxi. Or just embrace the adventure – getting lost is half the fun, right? (says the guy who was *definitely* lost).
Let's talk about the rooms. Are they actually *nice*? The pictures look… staged.
Okay, the pictures… yeah, they're probably touched up. They’ve got that super glossy, "everything's perfect!" look. In reality, the rooms are... fine. Clean, functional, and – crucially – devoid of any mystery smells. The bed was comfortable enough, the bathroom was clean-ish (no mold in the shower, a definite win!), and the Wi-Fi actually worked. I can tell you, it’s a step up from those places with the questionable stains I may or may not have seen in the past. The TV had a *lot* of channels... mostly in Mandarin. Which, you know, great if you speak Mandarin. For me? I watched a blurry, dubbed version of "The Sound of Music" and ate a lot of instant noodles. It was magical, in a tragically lonely sort of way. The lighting was a bit… clinical. Like, you could perform surgery in there. But hey, at least I could see what I was doing after a long day of wandering!
Breakfast? What's the food situation? Do I need to pack my own granola bars?
Breakfast! Ah, the continental breakfast. It's… an experience. There's usually some variation of congee (rice porridge), maybe some questionable sausages, some hard-boiled eggs, and a selection of things that look vaguely like pastries. Don't expect croissants. Expect things that are… *similar* to pastries. I'm a firm believer in trying everything once. I tried the sausage. It was… an experience. Let's just say I'm glad I had a stash of peanuts in my bag. They had this weird orange juice, I swear it was made of rainbows and despair. But hey, it filled a hole. If you're a picky eater, maybe pack your own granola bars. Or just embrace the adventure! You might discover a new favorite food. Or you might not. It's a gamble, like life itself!
Is the staff friendly? Language barrier concerns? (My Mandarin is… rusty, shall we say.)
The staff! They try. They really, *really* try. The language barrier is… present. But they are genuinely helpful. Lots of smiles, nods, and frantic gesturing. I swear, I had to mime "I need a taxi" for about five minutes, finally using my phone to show them a picture of a taxi. It worked! They were super patient. They even helped me decipher the bus schedule once. That involved a whiteboard, a lot of pointing, and someone running off to ask a colleague who spoke a little English. Overall, they’re lovely. Be patient, be polite, and maybe download a translation app. And remember, a smile goes a long way! Even if you end up accidentally ordering something you *really* didn’t want.
Okay, let's talk about the *real* experience. The little details. The things the brochures *don't* tell you.
Alright, buckle up. The real experience… okay, so first day, in the elevator, a lovely, elderly woman kept trying to give me a pear. I have no idea why! But it was super sweet! Refused it at first, of course, but then she insisted, and by the time I got to my floor I’d accepted the perfectly ripe pear. It was magical! Then, the next day, I tried to order a coffee. Now, I’m a BIG coffee person. Turns out, the "coffee" machine dispensed something that tasted suspiciously like… instant coffee. And not the good kind. The watery, vaguely coffee-flavored kind. I felt a pang of sadness. But then I walked outside and the smell of street food hit me, a combination of spices and grilled meats. It was incredible! One of the vendors, an old man with the kindest eyes, noticed how much I was struggling with my chopsticks (major skill deficiency of mine). He actually took the time to show me how to hold them properly! Spent a good 15 minutes working with me. It was the most genuine interaction I had on the entire trip. Then, the air conditioning in my room decided to throw a tantrum. For a while, I considered moving out of the room. I’m not kidding, the thing was dripping water and making this awful, wheezing sound. I felt like I was living in a swamp! Called the front desk… eventually the guy who came to fix it didn’t speak a word of English, just started poking around and muttering. Fixed it, though! The little things are what make the place, I think. The pear, the coffee, the street food, the guy with the chopsticks, the cranky AC. It's not perfect. Far from it. But it's *real*. And in the end, that's what matters, right? Or at least, it's what makes for a good story.
Would you go back? Be honest!
Look, if I *had* to go back to Chizhou, would I stay there again? Probably. Purely forWhere To Sleep In

