Jaw-Dropping Menteng Park Studio: Your Dream Jakarta Getaway Awaits!

Simply Studio Room at Menteng Park Apt By Travelio Indonesia

Simply Studio Room at Menteng Park Apt By Travelio Indonesia

Jaw-Dropping Menteng Park Studio: Your Dream Jakarta Getaway Awaits!

Jaw-Dropping Menteng Park Studio: My Jakarta Getaway – Honestly, It's a Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to give you the REAL tea on Jaw-Dropping Menteng Park Studio: Your Dream Jakarta Getaway Awaits! – and let me tell you, "dream getaway" is a bold statement. My expectations? Sky high. My reality? Well, we'll get there. But hey, I'm all about laying it bare, warts and all. This is NOT your sanitized, PR-approved hotel review. This is me, spilling the beans, Jakarta-style.

First Impressions & Accessibility: Smooth Sailing (…Mostly!)

Finding the place was surprisingly easy. (THANK GOD, because jet lag + Jakarta traffic = grumpy me.) Accessibility? Pretty darn good. The elevator was a lifesaver, especially after lugging my overpacked suitcase (seriously, why do I bring so much stuff?). I saw facilities for disabled guests advertised, which is fantastic, though I confess, I didn't test them personally. The car park [free of charge] was a bonus, because let's be honest, parking in Jakarta can be a nightmare. And the car park [on-site] suggests more parking if the free one's full, which it usually is, so… good thinking, Jaw-Dropping.

The Wi-Fi Whisperer & Internet Shenanigans:

Alright, let's talk internet. Because, let's face it, in this day and age, dodgy Wi-Fi is a dealbreaker. The good news? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yessss! And the Internet [LAN] option? Smart! I always carry a cable, just in case, because some hotel Wi-Fi is about as reliable as a politician's promises. The Internet access was generally decent, thank heavens, because I had a mountain of emails to conquer, plus the obligatory Instagram stalking. But there were a couple of times when it sputtered, and I nearly lost my mind. You know, that feeling when you’re trying to download a HUGE file and it just… stops? Yeah, I felt that. The Wi-Fi in public areas seemed stronger, actually. So, mixed bag. But overall, relatively good.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safer Than I Thought I Would.

This is where Jaw-Dropping Menteng really shines. You get a real sense that they take this seriously. The anti-viral cleaning products and the daily disinfection in common areas gave me serious peace of mind, especially with… you know… gestures vaguely at the world. The rooms sanitized between stays is a big plus, too. I felt reasonably safe. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, like, ALL the time. And the staff seemed well-trained on safety protocols, which is a rarity. They even had first aid kit! That was a nice touch. Other cool things that added to the safety were CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, which always make me feel a little safer just going about my day.

Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag, But Helpful.

Okay, here's where we get into the nitty-gritty. The concierge was helpful, but not mind-blowingly so – you know, the type that would actually anticipate my needs, instead of just repeating what's on the brochure? The laundry service was a lifesaver, because, again, overpacked suitcase. The dry cleaning option was a bonus that I didn't need but was happy to see. The 24-hour front desk is a must, especially in a city that never sleeps. The daily housekeeping was consistent, which is always a good thing. The luggage storage came in handy when I arrived way too early and wanted to explore first. But the convenience store? Meh. It was small, and not particularly convenient.

They've got cash withdrawal - very helpful You can have your invoice provided, if you are looking for that. There's an elevator, so no long climbs! The ** facilities for disabled guests** are available. They can do ironing service for you.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Let's Talk Food!

Okay, so food… this is where my experience got… well, let's say dynamic. The Asian breakfast was plentiful and flavorful, but maybe a little too heavy for my delicate Western palate. The Breakfast [buffet] was where I spent most of my mornings! It was your typical hotel buffet, maybe it could've been a little more inspired in terms of variety. I did appreciate the breakfast service every morning! They have an Asian cuisine in restaurant! There's a bar if you are in the mood for a drink! They have a coffee shop! They have a poolside bar! There's a restaurant! There's a snack bar! They even do room service [24-hour]!

Now, about the restaurants in general. The international cuisine was… alright. The vegetarian restaurant option was a nice surprise, as I often struggle to find good veggies in Jakarta. I had a salad, which was nice and refreshing.
The bottle of water they give you is always a nice gesture. I am not going to lie, I kind of wished they did not have a happy hour, because I don't always end up awake enough to take advantage of it.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: My Spa Debacle (And It's a Good One!)

This is where Jaw-Dropping almost delivered on its promise. The swimming pool [outdoor], the pool with view, the fitness center, and the gym/fitness are all fantastic. The pool was gorgeous – a real oasis from the Jakarta heat. I spent a blissful afternoon lounging by it, sipping cocktails.

But, the Spa! - Oh, the Spa! This is where it gets juicy, folks. I booked a massage. I envisioned myself sinking into a cloud of lavender-scented bliss. Reality? The massage was… okay. The masseuse was clearly still learning, bless her heart. But the ambiance… that was a different story. I ended up at the spa/sauna and decided to get the sauna. The whole thing was… well, let's just say the steam room felt a little like a particularly humid Jakarta afternoon. The body scrub was a bit rough, actually, and the body wrap was kinda lukewarm. The foot bath was fine, I guess. The Steamroom was just okay. The massage itself was… passable. But honestly, I was so amused by the lack of luxuriousness, that I ended up enjoying it more than a truly amazing spa experience. I kept thinking, “This is so Jakarta!” And in a weird way, it made me feel… connected to the place. It wasn't perfect, it wasn't fancy, but it was real. Which is, after all, what a good trip is all about, right?

The Room Itself: Pretty Sweet, Despite a Few Hiccups.

Okay, let's talk about the actual studio. It was… jaw-dropping, in its own way. The air conditioning was a lifesaver. The blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping off the jet lag. The free Wi-Fi was a relief. The seating area was comfy. The bed was huge and comfy (kudos for the extra long bed). I loved the desk – perfect for working (or, you know, pretending to). The in-room safe box was appreciated. The complimentary tea and coffee/tea maker were a nice touch. And the mini bar was well-stocked. It has window that opens! It has mirror! It has sofa! It has shower! It has toiletries! It has towels! It has bathrobes! It has slippers! It has closet! It has desk! It has refrigerator! It has alarm clock! It has hair dryer! It has a bathtub! It has the thing I love most, a soundproofing! It has satellite/cable channels!
It is non-smoking!

But there were a few little things. The non-smoking sign did not matter much when the smell of a smoker was still clearly coming through the vents. My first room only had one window… I'd like to see more windows. The soundproofing was not great, and I could hear traffic noise (and the early morning call to prayer). The linens were a little worn. The room decorations were the typical generic hotel artwork. The slippers were nice, but they could have been a bit fresher.

For the Kids

An Bang's BEST Kept Secret: Purple Homestay Paradise!

Book Now

Simply Studio Room at Menteng Park Apt By Travelio Indonesia

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated travel blog post. This is the raw, unfiltered, possibly disastrous (but hopefully hilarious) account of my stay in a Simply Studio Room at Menteng Park Apt By Travelio Indonesia. Prepare for emotional whiplash, questionable decisions, and more than a few "what the heck was I thinking?!" moments.

Pre-Trip Anxiety (and Online Shopping Spree):

Okay, so Indonesia. Exciting! Terrifying! I spent the week leading up to this trip in a frenzy of online research (mostly to avoid actual work). Flights? Booked. Visa? Hopefully sorted (pray for me). Suddenly, I'm thinking, "Do I have enough mosquito repellent? What if I get Bali Belly?! Should I REALLY have chosen the cheap flight with the layover in Kuala Lumpur? (Spoiler Alert: Probably not.)"

The apartment hunt: I also spent a good chunk of time trawling for this little abode. Settled on the Travelio place because, honestly, the pictures looked decent and Menteng Park was apparently a "happening" area. (My definition of happening might be a bit skewed. I'm from a small town. "Happening" to me is a well-stocked convenience store.

Packing? Hahaha. More like "Stuffing."

My packing style is best described as "organized chaos." I basically chucked everything I might need into a suitcase, then wrestled it shut with brute force and the desperate hope that the weight limit gods would be merciful. I swear, I packed three different pairs of shoes "just in case." (Spoiler: I wore flip-flops 90% of the time.)

Day 1: Arrival & "Oh God, Where Am I?" Moment

  • Travel Time: 24 Hours (or what felt like it. That layover…)
  • Mood: Exhausted, delirious, and mildly panicky.
  • The Apartment: Finding the apartment was a bit…adventure-y. The directions were vague. The taxi driver looked confused, and I ended up wandering around Menteng Park in a mild state of jet lag, dragging my monstrous suitcase behind me. Finally located the building. Check-in was surprisingly smooth, which was a relief.
  • The Room: The "Simply Studio" was… well, simply. Small. Cozy, in a "I hope I don't claustrophobic sense…It was clean enough. The air conditioning was a godsend. And the view from the balcony? Overlooking a pool and some lush greenery. Gorgeous. I’m thinking, “okay, this is bearable. A clean bed, a working A/C? Jackpot”
  • First Meal Disaster: Rookie mistake: Immediately went for street food. Big mistake. Small stomach. Let's just say my welcome to Indonesian cuisine involved a dramatic, hours-long battle with…well, let's call it "Delhi's Revenge". Note to self: Start slow.

Day 2: City Exploration & The "Lost-in-Translation" Incident

  • Mood: Slightly recovered, a little hungrier, still slightly terrified of street food.
  • Morning: I ventured out, determined to conquer Jakarta. First stop: a local warung (small eatery). Ordered something that looked like noodles. Ended up with something involving questionable meat products and a fiery chili paste that nearly peeled my taste buds off. Lesson learned: point and smile.
  • Afternoon: Wandered around Menteng, which, as it turns out, is quite charming. Beautiful old colonial houses, lush green spaces. Found a cute little coffee shop (thank God for coffee).
  • The Incident: Decided to try my hand at haggling at a market. Massive mistake. I thought I was being clever, offering what I believed to be a reasonable price for a souvenir. The vendor started laughing, I got flustered, and I ended up paying three times what a local probably would. Humiliating. I fled.
  • Evening: Soothed my wounded ego with a Bintang beer overlooking the (now very inviting-looking) swimming pool. Life is bearable.

Day 3: Temples & The Existential Crisis After Too Many Temples.

  • Mood: Slightly overwhelmed by the humidity, feeling slightly more integrated with Indonesia.
  • Morning: Hit up a temple, the Merdeka. It was magnificent, beautiful, a kaleidoscope of colors and carvings. It was really the highlight. Spent hours roaming around, taking pictures, and attempting (and failing) to decipher the history.
  • Afternoon: More temples. Beautiful, yes. Overwhelming, yes! After three hours, they became a beautiful blur. Was it the heat? The culture shock? The fact that I'd only slept four hours after that Delhi's Revenge? I'm not sure. But I suddenly started questioning everything. My life choices. My shoe choices. The meaning of life itself.
  • Evening: Reverted to comfort food. Found a pizza place. Pizza is a universal language, apparently because I ate two whole pizzas.

Day 4: "I'm Officially a Local (Maybe)" & Laundry Mishaps

  • Mood: Better. Sort of. More acclimatized, less freaked out.
  • Morning: Finally figured out the local cafe. Now I was greeting the owner and even managed to order my coffee without messing up the name. So, success!
  • Afternoon: The apartment had a laundry service. Awesome! Left my clothes for washing, and then, did some exploring.
  • The Mishap: Apparently, I didn't quite understand the "leave as is" instruction. I came back and found the wash was still uncollected and also the room was locked, with my phone still inside. Then I tried to call the reception number, unfortunately the number was wrong.

Day 5: Departure & The "I'll Be Back (Eventually)" Epilogue

  • Mood: Sad to leave, yet relieved to be heading home. A weird mix of emotions, really.
  • Packing: This time, packing was even messier.
  • Final Thoughts on the Apartment: Perfectly adequate. Safe, comfortable. The location was decent (once I figured out the public transport). The air conditioning was a lifesaver. The balcony view, amazing. I’d definitely suggest booking a more spacious room for longer stays, especially if you have more than one suitcase.
  • Overall: Indonesia, you were… intense. Beautiful, challenging, and utterly unforgettable. I made mistakes, ate some questionable food, and had a few moments where I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. But I also saw incredible things, met some wonderful people, and experienced a culture that completely blew my mind. I'll be back. Probably. After a very long nap.
Uncover NIPPONIA Izumo Sagiura's Secrets: Japan's Hidden Gem Awaits!

Book Now

Simply Studio Room at Menteng Park Apt By Travelio Indonesia

Jaw-Dropping Menteng Park Studio: Your Dream Jakarta Getaway – Seriously, Is It REALLY That Good? (Spoiler Alert: Maybe!)

Okay, spill the tea. What's REALLY so 'jaw-dropping' about this studio? My expectations are already sky-high.

Alright, alright, settle down, drama queen. Look, the marketing is... well, it's marketing. But the studio… I almost cried when I walked in. Not because it's perfect, heaven forbid! Let's be real, travel fatigue is a thing. But the *light*? The sheer, glorious, Jakarta sunshine flooding in through those floor-to-ceiling windows? It's like a giant, warm hug. Seriously, I'd been cooped up in a conference room all day before, and the contrast... oh, the contrast. Immediately, *immediately* the stress just... lessened. That's something, right? More than just a bed.

And the park view! You've got this literal oasis of green right outside your window. I mean, you can't *hear* the traffic (mostly – Jakarta, am I right?), but you *see* it dissolving into the trees. It's like, "Oh yeah, I'm in a city of millions... but I'm also, *somehow*, chill." That's the magic, I think.

Is the location actually good? I'm worried about getting around. Menteng sounds... fancy.

Fancy? Honey, you're spot-on. Menteng is *that* neighbourhood. But good? Absolutely. It's a bit of a hike to the proper touristy bits, yes, but the upside? Actual real-life Jakarta. The food stalls are amazing (I'm still dreaming of the *gado-gado* I had around the corner!), there are cute little cafes for your Instagram feed (don't judge me!), and the park itself is a godsend. If you're into walking, you can explore to your heart's content (or, you know, just collapse on a bench after 15 minutes. That's what I do!).

Getting around is a bit of a negotiation. Grab or Gojek are your best friends. Traffic, as you probably guessed, is a beast. Pack your patience and download some podcasts. But, hey, at the end of the day, you're arriving somewhere *cool*, not just another generic hotel room. That makes the traffic tantrums a little more bearable. (Okay, maybe not entirely.)

What's the studio *actually* like? Don't sugarcoat it. Is the bed a torture device?

Okay, real talk: The bed? Comfortable enough. Not like, *heavenly*, but good enough to get some decent shut-eye after a day battling the Jakarta heat and chaos. The linens are clean, which is ALWAYS a win. The decor? It's modern, clean lines, plenty of natural light – everything the photos promised, honestly. I wouldn't say it's *packed* with character, but it's not sterile either. Think 'stylish adult' rather than 'Instagram-famous'.

The bathroom? Again, clean. Good water pressure. Sometimes hot water takes a minute, which, again, Jakarta, so... expectations. They provided the basic toiletries, which saved me a frantic pharmacy run. See, small wins. (And it's important to savor those small wins when you're traveling.)

Bonus points: The air con worked like a dream. My sanity, and my makeup, were both grateful.

Are there any downsides? Because there ALWAYS are.

Oh, *honey*, yes. Where do I begin?

First, and this is a big one for me, the noise. While the park view is amazing, your ears will occasionally pick up the sounds of distant traffic. It didn't bother me TOO much after the first night, and the air con helps to muffle it a bit, but if you're super sensitive to noise, pack earplugs. Seriously. Pack them. I forgot mine and I *suffered* the first night. Jakarta's a noisy city, fact. It's part of the charm (I think?).

Secondly, the building itself isn't exactly brand new. It's well-maintained, but there's the occasional creak or groan that reminds you you're not in a sterile, purpose-built hotel. It's charm, some might say (I lean towards accepting.)

Also, and this is just a nitpick: the wi-fi wasn't blazing fast. It was adequate for checking emails and browsing, but don't plan on streaming HD movies. I ended up downloading what I wanted to watch before hand, just in case. (It's a travel rule, really.)

What's the best thing about the Menteng Park Studio? What's the *one* thing that made it stand out for you?

Okay, this is easy. The *view*. And I'm going to double down on this because I honestly feel it's the make-or-break element. I've stayed in plenty of perfectly fine hotels, you know? Rooms with decent beds, functional bathrooms, the whole shebang. But the Menteng Park Studio… it’s the *feeling* of being there. Waking up to that light, getting a cup of coffee and just.. *watching* the city wake up through the green foliage... it's special. It's the kind of thing that makes you momentarily forget you’re stressed, you’re tired, and you’re probably going to miss your flight. That's worth its weight in, well, whatever these studios cost. I'd pay extra for that view, honestly. It's a slice of peaceful heaven in a city that can be *utterly* chaotic. And after all the traffic and the noise and the 'did I book the right hotel?' anxiety… that's worth it. It's *dream* material. Really.

Is it good for couples? Families? Solo travelers?

I traveled solo, so I can speak to that. It was *perfect* for me. A quiet escape. A place to recharge. A place to... well, be alone without feeling *lonely*. I think it’s excellent for couples too. Romantic even – imagine breakfasts with the view! Although, the studio is *slightly* on the smaller side, so if you're the type who appreciates a lot of personal space, maybe check the dimensions before booking.

Families? Probably not ideal. There’s not much space to run around, and if you've got energetic kids, they might get bored. Unless you REALLY value the quiet – which I totally understand! (Hey, if you manage a family vacation in *any* way and still have all your hair, then congratulations!)

What should I pack? Besides earplugs (you've made it clear).

Alright, you seem to be learning! Essentials: Definitely mosquitoStaynado

Simply Studio Room at Menteng Park Apt By Travelio Indonesia

Simply Studio Room at Menteng Park Apt By Travelio Indonesia