
21 Nettleton South Africa: Uncover the Hidden Gem You Won't Believe Exists!
21 Nettleton South Africa: My Jaw. Dropped. Seriously. (Okay, Let Me Tell You About This Place…)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from… well, let’s just say it's probably the most stunning place I've ever slept, and that says a LOT considering I once crashed on a beach in Thailand after a mango sticky rice incident. This place? 21 Nettleton in Cape Town, South Africa. And honestly, the name doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what you're in for. Forget "boutique hotel," think "secret lair of pure, unapologetic luxury."
First things first, let’s address the accessibility. Now, this is where I need to be honest, because while they try – and they genuinely do – navigating this place with mobility issues might be a bit…tricky. There's mention of facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator, which is HUGE. But the terrain and the sheer grandeur of the place mean you'll need to clarify with the front desk about specific accommodations. HOWEVER, and this is a big BUT, the staff are unbelievably accommodating. They'd probably carry you up a hill if you needed them to. Seriously, the concierge is like a small, impeccably dressed army of problem solvers.
Now, onto the good stuff. The things to do. Oh, dear lord. Forget about "resting" – you'll be too busy being utterly, ridiculously spoiled.
- Ways to Relax: Okay, let’s start with the spa. It's not just a spa, it's a sanctuary. They have massage, body scrubs, body wraps, and I'm pretty sure they could knit you a new soul if you asked. The sauna and steamroom are…well, let's just say I almost spontaneously combusted from pure bliss. They even have a foot bath! Yes, a foot bath. And honestly, after a day of exploring Cape Town, my feet were praying to be submerged in whatever magical elixir they used.
- Pool with view: Oh my god, the swimming pool. No, no, no. Not a pool. A pool with a view. A view that will make you weep with joy. It’s like swimming in a postcard. Seriously. I spent a shameful amount of time just floating there, staring at the mountains, and contemplating the meaning of…well, nothing, really. Just pure, unadulterated relaxation. The pool is outdoor so the sunlight dances, and you can imagine yourself like a roman emperor.
- Fitness Center: They have a gym/fitness room, and if you can tear yourself away from the pool, you deserve a medal. I, however, did not.
The Dining, Drinking, and Snacking situation? Prepare to loosen your belt buckle. This place takes eating very seriously.
- Restaurants: They have restaurants. Plural. I'm a sucker for Western cuisine, and as you might have guessed, they have it too. And the Asian cuisine? Spectacular. I had this spicy noodle dish that nearly brought tears to my eyes…in a good way.
- Breakfast: Forget your sad continental breakfasts. They've got breakfast [buffet] as well as breakfast in room, Asian breakfast, and possibly any breakfast option your heart desires. The coffee/tea in restaurant is top-notch. I started every day with a latte and a smile.
- Poolside Bar: Naturally. Picture: sun, pool, cocktail, utter contentment. Need I say more? The poolside bar is a siren song.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service is your friend. Need a midnight snack? Done. Feeling lazy and just want to eat in your ridiculously luxurious room? Also done.
- Snack Bar: They also offer a snack bar.
Now, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty: Cleanliness and safety. Listen, in these times, this is everything.
- They use anti-viral cleaning products, have a daily disinfection in common areas.
- They do room sanitization between stays. You can even room sanitization opt-out available!
- They're Hygiene certified so you can actually RELAX.
- Staff trained in safety protocol. They've got hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Cashless payment service!
- First aid kit – always a good sign.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
- And there's even a Doctor/nurse on call. Peace of mind.
Rooms? Sheesh. Just be prepared to weep again.
- Available in All Rooms: Air conditioning, air conditioning in public area, Alarm clock, oh god, Bathrobes,
- Bathroom Features: Additional toilet, Bathtub and Separate shower/bathtub, Hair dryer,
- Amenities: Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker which I used, like, non-stop, Complimentary tea that was amazing, Desk,
- Connectivity: Free Wi-Fi, Internet access – Wireless, Internet access – wireless , and Wi-Fi [free].
- Comfort: Extra long bed, Ironing facilities, and Slippers, like, glorious slippers!
- Safety Features: In-room safe box, Smoke detector, Smoke alarms, and Safety/security feature.
- Technology: Laptop workspace, Mini bar because, hey, why not? On-demand movies.
- Views: High floor, Window that opens – which is amazing if you like fresh air, Soundproofing, and Soundproof rooms that help in the busy city
- Finishing Touches: Towels, Toiletries, and Mirror. They think of everything.
Services and Conveniences:
- Concierge, Front desk [24-hour]. They help.
- Daily housekeeping. The place sparkles.
- Laundry service, because, after all that lounging, you will need your clothes washed.
- Car park [on-site], Car park [free of charge], Valet parking, Airport transfer.
- Safe deposit boxes, and Luggage storage.
- They are also Couple's room, Family/child friendly.
Getting Around
- If you can get a Taxi service.
- Airport transfer is perfect.
The Verdict?
Look, I could go on for hours. But the bottom line? 21 Nettleton is an experience. It's not just a hotel; it's a portal to a world of pure indulgence. It's the kind of place you tell your friends about, and then they get jealous. It's the kind of place you dream about going back to, long after you’ve left.
Now, the messy part. The little imperfections
- I did have to find a way to pay to park even though the free parking was. It wasn't that bad, but just something to note.
- The location is PERFECT - close to the city but far enough away that you feel more secure.
- One of the staff members was a little stand-offish - nothing that couldn't be fixed though!
The Unbelievable Offer You Can't Refuse!
Here's the deal: Book your stay at 21 Nettleton NOW and mention the code "HIDDENGEM" and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of South African wine upon arrival. Because…duh.
- A free spa treatment of your choice (up to $100 value). Hello, relaxation!
- Guaranteed room upgrade (based on availability). Maybe you get a suite. Maybe you become a king. Who knows?
- Bonus: Discounted rate for airport transfer
This offer is only valid for a limited time, so don't miss out! Go on, treat yourself. You deserve to experience the magic of 21 Nettleton. Trust me, you'll be thanking me later. And maybe send me a postcard. I’m already missing it. Sigh.
Indonesian Paradise Found: Putra Mulia Hotel Medan Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into my chaotic, probably-slightly-over-budget, tour of 21 Nettleton, South Africa. Forget rigid schedules, this is more like a suggestion box with a sprinkle of "what was I thinking?"
The Misadventure Begins: Arrival & Altitude Adjustments (and Probably Some Jet Lag)
Day 1: Arrival (and the Glorious Failure of a Plan)
- Morning: Johannesburg airport. Okay, first observation: way more people wearing fabulous hats than I expected. My meticulously planned airport transfer? MIA. Turns out, "Uber" in South Africa is a slightly different creature than the ones I'm used to back home. Cue frantic phone calls, a near-panic attack, and me eventually accepting a rather dodgy-looking taxi that might actually have brakes.
- Afternoon: Finally arrive at 21 Nettleton. Holy moly, the views. Spectacular! Makes you forget the taxi driver who kept trying to sell me a "genuine" diamond ring. I'm booked into the main villa and it's gorgeous. So gorgeous I might cry later from the sheer beauty or the price.
- Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Attempt to be sophisticated. Spill red wine down my front. Twice. The waiter, bless his heart, pretended not to notice. Feeling incredibly humbled.
Day 2: The City's Embrace (and My Social Awkwardness)
- Morning: Attempt to explore Cape Town. This is when I feel overwhelmed with joy and confusion at every turn. I make a spontaneous detour to a local art gallery. I spend way too long admiring a slightly bizarre sculpture made of… spoons? I'm pretty sure I saw a face in it. Or maybe it was the jet lag.
- Afternoon: A walk on the beach, and attempt to make friends. I tried to make a joke to a woman with a fluffy dog, and instead of laughter got what can only be described as a withering look. Fair enough, I guess.
- Evening: Dinner at a trendy restaurant. The food was incredible, the ambiance was buzzing. I was also the only person dining alone, and desperately trying not to look pathetic. I tried a local dish – bobotie – and it was delicious, even though I almost choked on a sneaky bay leaf.
Deeper into the Adventure (and Me Realizing How Unprepared I Am)
Day 3: Hiking Mayhem (and the Constant Threat of Disaster)
- Morning: Decided to hike Table Mountain. Bad idea. I thought I had it all planned (spoiler: I didn't). That climb was a killer. I’m pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes, and I was only halfway up. The views from the top, though? Unbelievable. Worth the impending heart attack.
- Afternoon: I'm feeling like I deserve every single pain in my body after that hike. I spend the afternoon in a small local spa. I was thinking of a massage, but they were all booked. Instead I had some tea and tried (and, let’s be honest, failed) to meditate.
- Evening: Reward myself with an entire pizza and a bottle of wine. Because, you know, survival. Also, ordered room service.
Day 4: Wine Tasting Woe (and My Questionable Palate)
- Morning: Wine tasting in Stellenbosch. I thought I knew wine, but the sommelier clearly thought otherwise. My descriptions were spectacularly inaccurate. I was trying to be fancy, but ended up mostly saying things like "This is… purple? And… yummy?" The wine, at least, was excellent.
- Afternoon: Visited a local market. Bought way too many souvenirs. Also, ate a bizarre-but-delicious local snack – biltong (dried meat). Trying not to think about what exactly the meat was.
- Evening: Another fabulous dinner. I tried the local beer and was surprisingly excellent at making friends with a local couple. Turns out, they also thought my wine tasting descriptions were hilarious. Validation!
The Emotional Rollercoaster (and the Slow, Reluctant Embrace of South African Life)
Day 5: The Road Trip (and a Breakdown… Metaphorical and Possibly Literal)
- Morning: Renting a car and setting off on a scenic drive. Which quickly turned into a panic-inducing lesson in South African driving, which is, apparently, a contact sport. I got lost. Miserably. I also almost hit a zebra (seriously!).
- Afternoon: Finally arrived at Hout Bay after much navigating. Finally found a cute little cafe. Felt very much like a local!
- Evening: Ate seafood on a pier. Watched the sunset. I was starting to feel… something. Peace? Acceptance? Maybe just exhaustion.
Day 6: The Great Escape (and a Sudden Desire to Stay)
- Morning: Back to 21 Nettleton. After the "holiday" I felt a sadness. I felt like I wanted to stay.
- Afternoon: Spent hours by the pool just trying to reflect. I wasn't sure what to think.
- Evening: Final dinner with a view of the city. The food was, again, incredible. I swear, the chefs here are practically magicians. And as I sat there, watching the lights twinkle in the distance, I suddenly felt… sad. It was time to go home. And I didn't want to.
Final Thoughts (and a Plea to My Wallet)
- Day 7: Departure (and a Promise to Return)
- Morning: Back to the airport. Actually made my flight this time! The taxi driver was slightly less dodgy, although he still tried to sell me a "genuine" diamond, which I politely declined.
- Afternoon: Back home. Exhausted, broke, but absolutely, utterly, wonderfully content.
- Evening: Spend the night deciding if I'll book again.
This trip wasn’t perfect. I got lost, embarrassed myself, and probably spent way too much money. But it was real. It was raw. It was hilariously imperfect. And in the end, that's exactly what made it unforgettable.
Escape to Paradise: Parentium Hotel's Croatian Coastal Getaway

