
Fairfield Surabaya: Luxury Escape in Indonesia's Heart!
Fairfield Surabaya: My Surabaya Sanctuary - A Messy, Honest Review (and a Booking Pitch!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to really spill the tea on Fairfield Surabaya. Forget those perfectly polished travel blogs, I'm here to give you the real dirt, the good, the bad, and the slightly chaotic. We're talking honest-to-goodness Surabaya experience, not just a glossy brochure. And yeah, I'm probably going to ramble a bit. Deal with it.
First Impression & Accessibility (And the Airport Shuffle): Getting to Fairfield was a breeze…once the initial airport chaos subsided. Surabaya airport – let’s just say it’s an experience. Accessibility seems pretty good overall, though I didn't specifically need a wheelchair, I saw ramps and elevators. Big bonus! If you've got mobility concerns, you’ll probably be alright. Airport transfer was smooth – highly recommend. Definitely grab the taxi service if you're feeling overwhelmed after landing. It definitely helps to make the initial transition smoother.
The Room: My Little Sanctuary (and My Unexpected Battle With the Blackout Curtains): Let's dive into the heart of the matter – the room! Mine was… spacious. Which is always a good start. Air conditioning worked flawlessly, a lifesaver in Surabaya's humid heat. Wi-Fi [free] was a constant, reliable companion (thank you, sweet internet gods!). High floor, perfect, loved it. My little window that opens, and the complimentary tea – small things, but they add up. There was the in-room safe box, which I used (because I’m paranoid), and the refrigerator was stocked with… well, things I didn't immediately need, but hey, options!
Okay, confession time. Those blackout curtains? Yeah, they were trying to kill me. Like, seriously. Wrestling them closed every night was a workout worthy of the Fitness center (which, by the way, I didn't use, because… vacation). Then waking up to sunshine streaming in, I felt like a vampire. Now I'm just rambling, but the point is the room’s excellent; comfortable, clean, well-equipped. Just… learn the blackout curtains.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sanitized (Almost Paranoidly): This is where Fairfield shines. Seriously. This is the era of constant hand-washing. You can tell they’ve taken safety incredibly seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Yep. Staff trained in safety protocol? Absolutely. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Felt almost… clinically clean, to be honest. Kind of reassuring in these times. The rooms sanitized between stays really made a difference. I totally relaxed. The Safe dining setup gave me peace of mind.
Food, Glorious Food (and My Vegetarian Struggles): Ah, the food. This is where things get… complicated. Breakfast, the essential fuel of my day, was a bit of a mixed bag. Breakfast [buffet] was the go-to and definitely had the Asian breakfast going on, but if you're a vegetarian like me, it involved a lot of… eggs and potatoes. A little more variety in the vegetarian options would have been awesome. Also, the coffee/tea in restaurant was decent.
I should mention, I did have a glorious plate of pasta one night which was absolutely perfect. I was thinking about the salad in restaurant. Dinner menu, not what I expected, but a great experience. Asian cuisine in restaurant got me excited.
Dining & Drinking & Snacking (and Finding the Poolside Bliss): Okay, the poolside bar? THAT'S where the magic happens. Seriously. Find it. Get a cocktail. Watch the sunset. Pure bliss. There's a Snack bar, which is convenient when you're getting peckish from all that relaxing (such is life). Restaurants in general, provide a good range, and, like I said, the pasta was chef’s kiss. Coffee shop, good for a quick boost.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Pool, Sauna, and the Unexpected Spa (Almost Forgot!): The Swimming pool! The Pool with view! Need I say more? It's gorgeous. The Sauna was tempting, but I went for the Spa instead and yes, the Massage, was lovely. Ahh those Body scrub and Body wrap for a relaxed mind and body. And the Gym/fitness felt enticing.
Services and Conveniences: Handling the Little Stuff (Like the Laundry Pile): Daily housekeeping was a godsend. The Laundry service came in clutch. I'm a messy traveler, and they kept my room tidy. Luggage storage was useful, and the Concierge was helpful. The Currency exchange was super convenient, because, let's face it, navigating money can be a nightmare. They also had a convenience store, perfect for grabbing snacks and forgotten essentials (like, I don't know, the toothpaste you forgot to pack?) Facilities for disabled guests are available, which is a big plus.
Internet: Connected (Mostly): Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was a huge win. Internet was generally good, but yeah, sometimes you get little hiccups. I did a bit of work while there. Internet access – wireless worked well.
For the Kids: Babysitting Service? (I Have No Idea, But They Seem Ready): I didn’t travel with kids, but they seemed to care about kids. Family/child friendly is their aim. It appeared friendly, with the Kids meal available.
My Unsolicited, Slightly Over-the-Top Conclusion:
Fairfield Surabaya is a solid choice. It’s clean, safe, comfortable, and the staff is incredibly friendly. It’s not perfect (those curtains, I tell ya!) but the good outweighs the few minor quibbles. It's an excellent base to explore Surabaya. And hey, that pool? Worth the price of admission alone.
Now, For My Sales Pitch (Because I'm Paid to Do This, Sort Of):
Book your escape to Fairfield Surabaya NOW! Why? Because you deserve it! You deserve a break from the daily grind. You deserve to sip a cocktail by the pool (yes, the pool!). You deserve a clean, comfortable, and safe haven in the heart of Surabaya. We're not just selling a hotel room; we're selling an experience. A little slice of paradise, a sanctuary from the chaos, a chance to recharge and explore.
Here's the deal: Book your stay at Fairfield Surabaya within the next [Insert Timeframe Here - like, "two weeks!"] and get a [Insert Offer Here - like, "complimentary cocktail at the bar!"] And because you read this chaotic, rambling review, you get an extra bonus: Mention the code "CHAOSSURABAYA" at check-in for a [Insert a Fun, Personalized Offer Here - like, "free room upgrade (subject to availability) or a discount on your next spa treatment."]
Don't wait! Surabaya awaits. Book your escape to Fairfield Surabaya today!
Desa Inn Malaysia: Your Dream Malaysian Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups. We're diving headfirst into the glorious, chaotic, and utterly unpredictable adventure that is my trip to the Fairfield by Marriott Surabaya, Indonesia. Consider this less a travel itinerary and more… a psychological profile of a potential human breakdown, fueled by delicious Indonesian food and the persistent, ever-present hum of air conditioning.
Day 1: Arrival - Mild Panic and the Quest for the Holy Nasi Goreng
- Morning (7:00 AM Surabaya Time): Landed. Ugh. The jet lag hit me like a rogue tsunami of exhaustion. Everything smells vaguely of jasmine and diesel. Immigration was surprisingly breezy, maybe because I was trying to channel a vibe of "I am not suspicious, I simply adore Indonesian food" while simultaneously sweating through my travel shirt. Seriously, why do they blast the AC in the airport like it's the Arctic Circle?
- Morning (8:00 AM): Taxi ride to the Fairfield. The driver kept chatting, which was lovely… until I realized I understood approximately zilch of what he was saying. Mostly just smiled and nodded a lot. Found myself contemplating the deep theological implications of brightly colored advertisements plastered everywhere.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Check-in. The lobby is… clean. Efficiently clean. Almost too clean. I swear, I saw a housekeeping staff member squinting at a dust mote with the intensity of a hawk. The air conditioning, however, felt like a personal attack. I think I'm going to freeze to death in this hotel.
- Morning (9:30 AM): Room acquired! Decent view, surprisingly. Immediately dropped my bags, which are probably full of clothes I thought I'd need but probably won't touch. The bed… ah, the bed. This is where the real vacation begins. Just want to spend the whole day lounging on the bed.
- Morning (10:00 AM): THE QUEST BEGINS. The absolute priority? Finding Nasi Goreng. My stomach is a bottomless pit of longing for spicy, savory fried rice. This is not just a meal; it's a spiritual quest. Asked the front desk guy (who, bless his heart, probably only spoke English because I was butchering the local language) where the best Nasi Goreng was nearby. Got vague directions involving “go left, pass the… thingamajigger… and then, ah… the place with the happy people.” Awesome.
- Morning (10:30 AM - 12:00 PM): The restaurant hunt. Wandered around, lost. Got severely side-tracked by a street vendor selling some sort of brightly colored, suspiciously delicious-looking dessert. Ate it. No regrets. Got lost again. Found myself near a very active and noisy market. The smells! The colors! The sheer bustle! Overwhelmed.
- Afternoon (12:30 PM): FINALLY, Nasi Goreng! Found it! It was an utter triumph. Perfectly spiced, with crunchy crackers and a fried egg sunnily perched on top. Ate it all. Every single grain of rice. Seriously, this was the best I've ever tasted! Worth the sweaty wandering and existential dread.
- Afternoon (1:30 PM - 3:00 PM): Back at the hotel. Post-Nasi Goreng bliss. Took a nap. Woke up feeling like a warm, slightly overstuffed dumpling.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Attempted to go to the pool. The air conditioning in the lobby was still trying to freeze me. Ended up wimping out and retreating back to the comfortable, air conditioned room.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Ordered something I couldn't pronounce. It was… interesting. A bit bland, actually. Now craving more Nasi Goreng.
- Evening (7:00 PM - Bedtime): Watched terrible Indonesian television (completely incomprehensible, but strangely captivating) and battled the urge to order room service just for more food. Bed early. Jet lag is a monster.
Day 2: Cultural Immersion (and Running Away from the Air Conditioning)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up. Survived the night. The hotel room is eerily quiet, which is a nice change from the general cacophony of the city. That AC is still going strong though.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. Decent spread, but the coffee tastes suspiciously like dishwater. Considering a caffeine intervention.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Decided to be a cultured traveler. Visited the Museum Mpu Tantular. Wow. Definitely learned a lot. And sweated buckets. History is hard work, especially when it involves a tropical climate and ancient artifacts. The sheer number of statues was impressive.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM): Lunch at a local warung. Found this little restaurant recommended by the helpful hotel staff. Ordered something that looked like a spicy chicken stew. It was intensely delicious and nearly blew my head off. So good, though. My mouth is still burning.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): A desperate refuge back in the hotel room, attempting to recover from the spice and the sun. The air conditioning is still a menace. Wrapped myself dramatically in a blanket, pretending to be on the arctic expedition.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Afternoon tea. The hotel's high tea spread was surprisingly fancy and relaxing. Though the mini sandwiches tasted suspiciously like they were made of cardboard. The scone, however, was a triumph.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM - 5:00 PM): More pool time. Finally braved the cold air and, for a brief window of time, was actually happy. The water was a welcome change.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Hunt for dinner. Decided to find somewhere new. Found a place serving grilled fish. Delicious. The air smelled of smoke, and salt, and happiness.
- Evening (7:00 PM - Bedtime): Back to the hotel. Battled the lingering effects of the spicy stew. Watched more mind-numbing Indonesian TV while simultaneously battling the AC.
Day 3: Last Day- The Bitter Sweet Farewell (and a Final Nasi Goreng Fix)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up. My throat is still a little sore from the spicy stew. The air conditioning is in full frosty bloom.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Ate breakfast. Decent, but with more dishwater coffee. Seriously need to figure out how to smuggle a decent cup of joe into this country.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Last-minute souvenir shopping. Overspent. Bought a batik shirt that I'll probably never wear but had to have. Bargaining with the vendors was a fun experience. They try to charge you too high.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM): My last Nasi Goreng! Had to. A final, glorious, spicy, savory send-off. Found the same place from day one. Asked the staff for my usual order. They knew. They remembered me . True champions.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Back to the hotel. Packing. This is always more stressful than it should be. How do I have so much stuff?
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM): One final desperate plea to the pool. The air conditioning is relentless.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): Checkout. Saying goodbye to the friendly hotel staff. Feeling strangely sad to leave, despite the air conditioning trying to murder me.
- Evening (5:00 PM): Airport. Plane. Ugh. Travel is glamorous, they said. It's not. It's a blend of exhaustion, wonder, delicious food, and air conditioning that would make an Eskimo shiver.
- Evening (Flight Time): Reflecting on my trip: Survived the AC, conquered the Nasi Goreng (multiple times!), and learned more about Indonesian culture than I ever thought I would. A success? Maybe. Would I come back? Absolutely. But next time, I'm bringing a parka… and a caffeine IV drip.

Fairfield Surabaya: Your Surabaya Adventure Guide - The Unfiltered Edition!
Alright, alright, settle down, future Surabaya explorers! You're thinking Fairfield Surabaya, huh? Good choice, maybe. Depends what you're after, honestly. Let's unpack this thing, shall we? I stayed there last… well, let's just say “recently.” And I have THOUGHTS. So, let's get this FAQ-apalooza started!
1. Okay, Basics. Where IS this place? And is it...safe? (I'm a worrier).
Fairfield Surabaya sits smack-dab in the heart of Surabaya, in the… well, the general "Surabaya-ness" of the city. Okay, I'm being intentionally vague, because honestly, navigating Surabaya is a bit of an adventure in itself. Think of it as a well-placed launching pad. It's close to shopping (if you're into that) and… well, a whole lotta… stuff. Taxi's are easy to find.
Safety? Surabaya is generally pretty chill. I felt perfectly fine wandering around, even at night, though *always* be smart. Like, don't flash your expensive watch kinda smart. Common sense, people! The hotel itself felt secure. They had those key card things, and I'm pretty sure there's security at the entrances (I may have blocked it out with delicious nasi goreng…details below).
My anecdote? Once, I accidentally left my phone at a warung (local eatery). Panicked, I rushed back expecting the worst. Guess what? It was still there! Honest Indonesians! A total contrast to that time in… well, let's leave that story for another day. Point is, Surabaya seemed pretty safe to me.
2. The Rooms! Give me the lowdown. Clean? Spacious? Do they have a decent hairdryer? (Crucial).
Rooms are… functional. Let's start there. They're clean. Properly clean. No questionable stains, no lingering smells (unless it's the delightful aroma of Indonesian cooking wafting up from the street below, which is never a complaint!).
Spacious? Depends on what you're used to, to be honest. They're not palatial. My room was… compact, but perfectly adequate. Enough room to swing… well, not a cat, maybe a… very small chihuahua. But seriously, you're not going to be spending *that* much time in your room, are you? Surabaya's calling!
The hairdryer. Ah, the hairdryer. This is where things get… subjective. It worked. It dried my hair. Was it a salon-quality, power-blast of wind? No. Did it take a little longer? Perhaps. Did it get the job done? Yup. Consider packing your own, if you're particularly attached to your perfect coif. But honestly? I'm a hairdryer snob, and even *I* survived.
My mess-up? I thought the air conditioning was a bit *too* strong at first. Then I realised I'd left the window open. Facepalm moment. It was a pretty good view though, you know, especially at night!
3. Food, glorious food! What's the breakfast situation like? (I'm a breakfast person).
Breakfast at Fairfield Surabaya… is the reason I'd go back. No, seriously. It's worth the trip *alone*. They have a buffet, and it's a GOOD buffet. A glorious, carb-filled, fruit-laden, spice-kissed buffet of deliciousness.
Expect a mix of Western and Indonesian delights. Think your usual eggs and bacon (perfectly cooked, I must add), plus a selection of local dishes that will make your tastebuds sing! Nasi goreng (fried rice) to die for. Mie goreng (fried noodles), crispy, savory, and addictive. Fresh fruit… mountains of it! And I can't forget the coffee! Strong, flavorful Indonesian coffee that actually wakes you up.
My emotional reaction? I fell in LOVE with their breakfast. I’m not even a "breakfast person," usually. I'd wake up, practically *sprint* to the breakfast buffet, and spend a glorious hour (or two… don't judge) just piling my plate with amazing food. I even went back for seconds. And thirds. It was that good. I still dream of the nasi goreng. Okay, I'm rambling, sorry, but breakfast is… important.
My quirky observation? Watching other guests pile their plates high with food was almost as entertaining as eating it. There were some *serious* food enthusiasts in there. I felt right at home.
4. Amenities! Pool? Gym? What's the lay of the land?
They've got the basics, which is a good start. There’s a pool. It’s not Olympic-sized, but it's perfectly pleasant for a dip to cool off after a day of exploring. I saw people lounging by it, reading books, looking relaxed. I… mostly ate. But the pool looked nice!
Gym? Yep, they have a gym. Honestly, I didn't go. I was too busy stuffing face with nasi goreng. So, I can't tell you too much about it. I *saw* it. It looked… gym-like. Probably had treadmills and weights. And people who were more disciplined than me.
Anything else? I think there's a small business center. Not sure, I was never there. WiFi was… mostly good. Sometimes a bit spotty, depending on where you were in the hotel. But generally, usable.
5. Location, Location, Location! What's nearby? Things to do? Am I going to be bored?
Okay, time for some honesty. Surabaya is… not exactly known as a tourist hotspot. It's a city. A *busy* city. You're not going to be stepping out of the Fairfield and straight into a postcard-perfect scene. Though, Surabaya has some cool things. Shopping is a big draw.
Things to do? The House of Sampoerna (a cigarette factory) is cool. So is the Surabaya Zoo (if you're into that sort of thing – I'm a little conflicted about zoos). There are some historical sites and temples, if you’re a history buff (I'm not, as you can probably tell). But the real fun? Eating! Surabaya has some amazing street food. You gotta be adventurous, but SO worth it!
Boredom? That’s up to you. If you’re easily bored, sure, you might find yourself twiddling your thumbs. But if you're open to exploring, soaking up the local vibe, and trying new things, you'll be fine. Get out there! Get lost (maybe a little)! Try the food! Talk to the locals! That's, like, the whole point!

