
London's Most Luxurious Escape: Ten Trinity Square's Unforgettable Stay
Ten Trinity Square: Did It Live Up To The Hype? A Brutally Honest Review (Spoiler: Mostly Yes, But…)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your average glossy hotel review. We're talking Ten Trinity Square, the alleged pinnacle of London luxury. I was promised a getaway, a sanctuary, an experience that would make me forget the soul-crushing banality of my 9-to-5. Did it deliver? Let's just say, the answer is as complex as the history of the building itself.
First Impressions: Grand, But Can You Breathe?
The location? Impeccable. Right by the Tower of London, oozing history. The building? Stunning. Seriously, the architecture is breathtaking, all marble and soaring ceilings. Entering the lobby felt like stepping into a movie set. My jaw actually dropped. I mean, proper, involuntary jaw dropping. (I may have also whispered, "Holy moly" under my breath. Don't judge.)
Now, the accessibility. Good, but not perfect. The main areas are genuinely wheelchair accessible, and the elevator situation is smooth sailing. However, navigating some of the side corridors felt a tad cramped, and I did spot one or two subtle steps that might pose a challenge. They've clearly tried to cater, but a little more finesse in some areas wouldn't hurt. (Accessibility: Mostly Good, with Room for Improvement.)
The Room: My Personal Fortress of Solitude (Mostly)
My room? Oh, the room. Let's just say the photos don't lie. It was a haven. (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.) Think plush everything, from the ridiculously soft bathrobe (seriously, I might've considered stealing it) to the vast, comfortable bed. (Extra long bed, Bathrobes, Slippers) The blackout curtains? Absolutely crucial for battling eternal jet lag or, you know, just wanting to sleep in past 7 AM. (Blackout curtains) The complimentary tea? A godsend after braving London's unpredictable weather. (Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker)
The internet? Seamless and fast, a total necessity for a workaholic like myself. (Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free])
Bathroom Bliss & The Great Toilet Paper Debate:
The bathroom was pure indulgence. Separate shower and bathtub, pristine and luxurious. (Separate shower/bathtub, Bathtub) And the toiletries? Top-notch. Now, here's my one petty complaint: the toilet paper situation. It was… adequate. Not bad, but not the cloud-like, three-ply wonder I secretly hope for in a hotel of this calibre. Minor quibble, I know, but hey, details matter!
Eating, Drinking, and Being Merry (Mostly a Delicious Affair)
The dining options are a serious highlight. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.)
- Breakfast: The buffet was legendary. (Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service) Seriously, I'm still dreaming of the pastries. The Eggs Benedict were a religious experience. The Asian breakfast options? (I'm talking about the Asian breakfast option) A pleasant surprise. (Asian cuisine in restaurant)
- Restaurants: The restaurants themselves? Exquisite. We're talking innovative dishes, impeccable service, and a general air of sophistication. The international cuisine was surprisingly good - a plus. (International cuisine in restaurant, Restaurants)
- Room Service: Yes, I took advantage of the 24-hour room service. (Room service [24-hour]) Because, let's face it, sometimes all you want is a burger in your bathrobe at 2 AM. Zero judgement here.
(Other dining details: Bottle of water, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, and Snack bar)
Relaxation Station: Spa, Sauna, and the Elusive Pool View
Okay, the spa. (Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna, Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage) That's where things hit another level of awesome. I opted for the massage, and, without exaggeration, it was the best massage of my life. The masseuse seemed to have magical, kneading fingers. I walked out feeling like a reborn human. The sauna and steamroom? Perfect for sweating out the stresses of, well, everything.
The swimming pool was lovely. (Swimming pool) (I heard they even had an outdoor pool too. (Swimming pool [outdoor]) Didn't get a chance to visit it, but it's always promising to have choices!) And the view? Stunning. (Pool with view)
Cleanliness & Safety: (These Guys Take It Seriously)
In the post-pandemic world, safety is everything. Ten Trinity Square absolutely delivers on this front. (Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment). Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff masked up, and a general sense of proactive hygiene. They're not messing about. (Staff trained in safety protocol)
(Additional Hygiene Certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Rooms sanitized between stays).
Things To Do/Services & Conveniences: (A Treasure Trove)
Okay, so besides lounging around and stuffing my face, what else is there? Plenty. (Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center)
- Concierge: Absolutely invaluable. They helped me secure tickets to a sold-out show and pointed me towards the perfect place for afternoon tea. (Concierge)
- Daily housekeeping: My room was spotless. (Daily housekeeping) They're good at what they do.
- Business facilities: If you must work, they have all the bells and whistles. (Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings)
- Cash withdrawal: Necessary for a quick trip to the shops. (Cash withdrawal)
The Quirks & Imperfections:
Now, for the niggles. The "shrine" listed in the amenities? Yeah, not sure about that one (it's actually a historical feature), but was not going to mess with it. Also, the "proposal spot" – really? I mean, romantic, sure, but a bit "been there, done that," no?
On a side note, found out Pets allowed aren't, you know, allowed. This is sad news for cat lovers.
Bottom Line: Should You Book?
Yes, absolutely, if you have the budget. Ten Trinity Square is an experience. Yes, it’s pricey, but you get what you pay for: luxury, impeccable service, and a chance to feel utterly pampered. There are a few minor imperfections, but the overall experience is truly unforgettable. The pool, the spa, the food, the overall vibe… it’s all worth it.
Final verdict: 4.5 out of 5 stars! (Would be a
Philippines Paradise: Find Your Ultimate Romantic Getaway!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a London adventure at the Four Seasons at Ten Trinity Square. Forget the pristine brochures, we're going for the messy, glorious truth. Here's my attempt at a schedule. Remember, it’s more of a suggestion than a rigid plan, because let's be honest, life (and London!) throws curveballs.
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and a Near-Disaster with the Mini-Bar (aka "The Panic Room")
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Heathrow (hopefully. Okay, let's face it, probably after some sort of travel snafu. Forgot the charger? Missed the train? You name it, I've done it). Pray to the travel gods for a smooth landing. Breathe deeply. London, here I come (again!).
- 2:30 PM: Taxi to Ten Trinity Square. The drive in? Pure London magic. I’ll be glued to the window, gawking at the red buses, the cobblestones (which I will inevitably trip on), and that general “smell of London” – a mix of exhaust, rain, and a hint of… history? You know what I mean. This time I will actually remember to tip. I hope.
- 3:30 PM: Check-in. Oh. My. God. The lobby? Stunning. The staff? Impeccably polite. I will try to maintain my decorum and not gawk like a tourist (I am a tourist). I'll probably compliment the artwork, even though I know absolutely nothing about fine art. "Oh, yes, the… abstract swirls… quite intriguing!"
- 4:00 PM: Settle into the room. (I'm envisioning a suite, of course. A girl can dream, right? If it’s a broom closet, well, that's character.) Immediately, I'll check the minibar. Always the minibar. I have a strange compulsion. (Narrator: She will, in fact, panic when she discovers the price of the tiny champagne bottle).
- 4:30 PM: Exploration Time! Wander around the hotel, pretending I belong. Find the spa? Check. The pool? Check. The bar(!!!)? Double check. I'll probably get lost at least once and end up wandering into a staff-only area. "Oh, sorry! Just admiring the… the… fire exit!"
- 6:00 PM: Pre-Dinner Drinks at Rotunda Bar and Restaurant. Cocktails. Obviously. I'm thinking something fancy, with a name I can barely pronounce but sounds incredibly sophisticated. (Narrator: She'll probably spill some on herself).
- 8:00 PM: Dinner at Mei Ume. (Let's be honest, I'm already drooling). Japanese-Chinese fusion sounds like a party in my mouth. I will try to be adventurous (mostly). Maybe even try the… sea urchin? Nah. Probably not the sea urchin. I'm going to take my time as well, soak in the ambiance. Try not to laugh too loud.
- 10:00 PM: Stumble back to the room. (Hopefully, in one piece). Debrief. Journal (if I haven't forgotten my pen). Contemplate the meaning of life, the universe, and how many more mini-bottles of something-or-other I can afford.
Day 2: History, High Tea, and the Great British Disappointment in a Souvenir Shop
- 9:00 AM: Late Breakfast at the hotel (because, vacation). I may or may not be nursing a slight headache from the cocktails. (Narrator: She totally is).
- 10:00 AM: Tower of London. Finally, a proper touristy experience! I'm excited. I'm going to see the Crown Jewels and act genuinely amazed. I might even try to memorize the names of all the monarchs, though I'll probably only remember Henry VIII and "that one with the funny hat." (Narrator: She will, in fact, forget the funny hat).
- 12:00 PM: Tower Bridge. Pictures. Many pictures. I'll probably try to do one of those cheesy tourist poses where I pretend to be holding the bridge up. Don't judge me.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a pub near the Tower. Fish and chips! (Obviously). I'll order something, then realize what I've ordered, then eat it anyway. I shall use my best British accent and try not to embarrass myself.
- 2:30 PM: High Tea at the hotel. Is there anything more wonderfully pretentious than high tea? The answer is no. I'm going to wear my fanciest outfit (maybe something with a floral print, because, London) and try to act like I know the difference between Earl Grey and Darjeeling. (Narrator: She will spill tea on herself. Again).
- 4:30 PM: Souvenir Shopping. Oh, the dread. I'm determined to find a genuinely cool souvenir, NOT a cheesy "Keep Calm and Carry On" mug. This will be a challenge. My expectations are so high. I anticipate major emotional devastation. (Narrator: She will come back with a Union Jack tea towel and a keyring that says "London Calling." She will be slightly disappointed).
- 6:00 PM: Free time. I am going to go and make a decision between a show, walking, or doing absolutely nothing.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. Maybe experiment. Maybe stay by the hotel and enjoy the restaurant. Maybe take a walk, maybe go to sleep.
Day 3: Art, Serendipity, and a Tearful Goodbye (Probably)
- 9:00 AM: Sleep in. Glorious, glorious sleep. (If possible. Jet lag is a fickle mistress).
- 10:00 AM: Breakfast, if I want it!
- 11:00 AM: Museum of choice - British Museum or National Gallery. I'll actually pay attention. I'll try to appreciate the artistry. I will fail miserably! (I'm hopeless, I know)
- 1:00 PM: Maybe a tiny, tiny break. I would want to go and watch the world go by. People watching is a must.
- 2:00 PM: More art (perhaps!).
- 4:00 PM: Last-minute souvenir hunt. Last chance saloon! Tears will be shed!
- 6:00 PM: "Farewell" Dinner. I may or may not cry in my soup.
- 8:00 PM: Pack (or attempt to – I'll probably leave it until the last minute and end up frantically stuffing things into my suitcase).
- 9:00 PM: One last cocktail. One last toast to London. One last moment of pure, unadulterated joy and the bittersweet feeling of "I don't want to leave!"
- 10:00 PM: Bed.
Day 4: Departure, Reflections, and a Vow to Return (Because I Will, Eventually)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up feeling slightly bereft.
- 9:00 AM: Last Breakfast.
- 10:00 AM: Check out (with a heavy heart and a lighter wallet).
- 11:00 AM: Taxi to Heathrow.
- 12:00 PM: Security. Boarding. (Cue the waterworks).
- 2:00 PM: Take Off (with memories, a slightly frazzled brain, and the promise of another trip to London, someday…)
So, there you have it! A chaotic, opinionated, and probably slightly inaccurate travel itinerary. May your own London adventure be just as wonderfully messy. Cheers!
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Luxury at CGH Residences & Spas, Oree Des Cimes, France
So, Ten Trinity Square... Is it *really* as fancy as it looks in the photos? Seriously, what's the deal?
Okay, the luxury is established. But is it… stuffy? Like, can you actually *relax* there, or do you feel like you're constantly being judged by phantom butlers?
Speaking of breakfast, what's the food situation like? I’m a foodie. Should I pack emergency snacks?
Tell me about the rooms! Worth the price tag?
What's the spa like? Because, let's be honest, that's a major deciding factor.
Is there a bar? And if so, is the mixology on point?
What about the location? Is it easy to get around? Is it near anything interesting??
Okay, so you've raved a lot... any downsides? Anything you'd change?
Would you go back? Seriously, would you REALLY go back?

